Saturday, May 1, 2010

Donald's

I took Makee on a Mommy Son date. Before we left, I had to drop something off at a neighbor's house. Dan called me up while I was gone with a very sad little boy on the phone crying, "Mommy, a go a Donald's!" He thought I left him. We had so much fun on our date. He sat and ate his chicken nuggets as we talked. I asked him if he wanted to go down the slide. He said, "No. I go on dump truck." So we went to the playplace and he climbed up. For quite a while he looked out the window from the top so he could see me. After a while he disappeared. I waited and waited for him to come down the slide. No sign of the boy. FINALLY I decided I better go up there after him. You should have seen the looks I was getting from every kid. Some looked terrified. Some looked mad that I was invading their territory. I came to find my little boy who was waiting ever so patiently for a big kid that was blocking the slide. All the other kids dove over the bully's legs, but not my timid Makee. He was waiting for his turn. I was about to say something to the boy when I heard his mom yell, "Get down here! You can't be blocking the slide!" After that, I helped Mak to his dump truck. We played for a while and finally went down the slide. For about 20 minutes he licked a bite size kiddie cone, and then it was time to leave. As we were driving away, he said, "See ya, Donald's!" And then we went to Target to go shopping. He has been my little shopping buddy lately. He came running up to me with a toy dinosaur. He said, "Mom, this diny is awesome!" Well how could I not let him put it in the shopping cart. I'm a sucker. But I love my little boy.

0 comments: