Sunday, May 23, 2010

Small and Simple

I've been finding perfect moments in our not-so-perfect days lately. Here are some things I've found that I love:

RyRy--
*She is just a little snuggle bum. She'll lay her sweet little head on my shoulder, or press her squishy cheek next to mine and make my heart melt.
*I love when she crawls up to me and climbs into my arms.
*She is a squealer and a screamer. It's kind of exhausting when she's screaming for more food, or when someone makes her mad, but she also squeals when she is excited. And it's so cute.
*Ry is so ticklish! One of her favorite games right now is to throw herself back and let me tickle her neck and her belly. She giggles so hard.
*I love to watch her dance. As soon as she hears a hint of music, she starts bouncing her little bum.
*Sometimes RyRy cocks her head to the side and gives me the sweetest little smile. Oh, she's sweet.

BaiBai--
*She is so much fun. She has been cracking herself up lately, which is so fun to watch. If we blow in her face, she tries to blow back and then she'll laugh and laugh. She does the same thing when someone coughs. She coughs right back and then giggles.
*Bai has turned into such a chatterbox. She is always blabbing. And Dan has a big head that she is always saying "Dada." We haven't quite confirmed if it's on purpose, but Dan likes to think so.
*I love wathing Bai dance too. She is a big time bouncer when she hears a tune.
*Her little wave is so cute. I love waving at her from a distance and seeing her little grin as she waves back.
*We play a game where I put my hands on top of hers and then she puts hers back on mine over and over. She thinks it is so fun. So do I.
*Bailee loves discovering new things, especially if it's Makee's stuff. It's so fun to watch the little wheels turn in her mind.

Makee--
*When he walks up to me and gives me a kiss on the lips--for no reason. It doesn't happen very often...I guess that makes it even more special.
*I love how he always wants to be with me. Everything is, "Mommy, watch!" And if I am going somewhere, he always says, "Makee come too?"
*He loves being outside. As long as he is outside, he is a happy boy. One of our games we play right now is "On guard" with "swords" which are actually a baseball bat and his baseball T. We fight and he falls to the ground and then gets back up.
*Reading books with my little guy is one of my favorite things. He loves to sit in my lap as I read to him. We also love singing songs.
*Makee has really started using his imagination when he plays. It is so cute. When we play "dinies," they are always doing different things, like drinking chocolate "gunk," or going to the "diny" museum. He always wants to play with me.
*"Snugs." Mak has been extra snuggly lately. We'll lay down and watch a movie together and he'll just snuggle in under a blanket. And he's always saying, "Mom, hold you." (Which if course means he wants me to hold him)

Dan--
*I love when we stay up late talking. I feel like it doesn't happen much anymore in the tornado that is our life, but the other night we just sat and talked for like 2 hours. I love talking with my hub.
*Cuddling. I feel like there's less and less time for this these days, but we love watching movies together. We've watched the first five seasons of Lost together, cuddling during almost every episode.
*Surprisingly, I enjoy when we do projects together. I really feel like as we've worked on our front yard, it's been a team effort (even though he's done most of the grunt work)
*I love going on walks with our little family. Yes, it usually turns into each of us carrying one kid and each of us pushing on stroller, but walks are one of my favorite things to do together.
*I feel so happy when we accomplish things together as parents. Parenting has not been an easy task for either one of us--especially since Mak has started throwing tantrums. It's taken a while for us both to get on the same page, but I appreciate all the talks we've had about what we want and how we want to accomplish it. He's been very supportive to me as a mom. He's such a good dad.
*Since Dan has been teaching at SLCC for the past couple weeks, I've realized our time is much more important. The days the kids don't see him they miss him so much. All three of them attack him the next day. I love watching him play and laugh with each of our kids. They really love their daddy.

I feel very blessed to have such a sweet family

1 comments:

Whitney said...

This is such a good post. I love reading about all of the things the kids are doing since I miss out on a lot of it. And, Danny boy is such a great dad and husband, you guys are really lucky!