Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a plethora of Mother's Day celebrations this year. We celebrated with my Grandma the day before. Mom and Dad made some delicious ribs, and we had a great time hanging out together.We gave the girls some corn on the cob to gnaw on. It seriously kept them occupied the whole meal. Here is Ry
And the Bai
A always helps Mak eat, and he eats so well for Aaron and Cassi! He even dug into the ribs
Here's my cute Gran. She's such a kind and loving person. She would do anything for anyone. She spends so much time doing things for the family. Every Thursday she comes over to hang out with me and the kids, and they love her. I love the time we spend together.
Papa and Ry
Gran trying out her new golf club!
Mom and Bai
My two favorite boys!
Mark and Sue
A and Mak
JoAnn and Gran
Cassi
Happy little Ry
I love this pic of Ry
Oh the devastation! This is what we get every time Mak is outside and the girls are not
Oh Bai, life is pitiful
Just me and my girls--are they squishy or what?
On Mother's Day morning we had breakfast with Daniel's fam over at our house. We had quiche, fruit, and a whole lot more. It was a delicious meal. And it was a beautiful morning to eat outside. I really love Lani. She has such a strong testimony and would do anything for any of her kids. She does so much for us, and I really appreciate her. Here is Nani with Bai
Pappy with Ry
Mak, Pap, and Ry
We all pitched in and got Lani a little fridge for their kitchen. She was very excited.
Family Photo! I love how Rylin is playing with Heidi's earrings in this pic.
Silly Gooses!
We opened my Mother's Day gifts while the little girls were sleeping. Boy did I get spoiled! I got a new shirt, some new boots and new shoes--the "Shape" kind that are supposed to tone you while you walk. I love them. And Dan got me a steam mop. I've been wanting one forever. And I seriously love it--but not as much as I love my little boy.
This was the most thoughtful Mother's Day gift I received. My Grandma Garrick painted this years ago. It used to hang in their basement. When my grandparents died, I got this picture. It has been displayed on a shelf in my kitchen. A few months ago, I slammed the door behind me when I was leaving and I heard it fall to the ground and shatter the frame it was in. I was really upset about it. Dan put it in a new frame for me for Mother's Day. I found myself bawling when I opened it! Dang womanly hormones. But that's why I love that man. He's always thinking of me. He is honestly the most thoughtful person I know.
Ama, Ry, and Bai
After church on Mother's Day we went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We made dinner--well I should say Dan mostly made dinner while we talked to FATTY! He is doing so great. He sounded so happy on the phone. The day before he had his first baptism where he actually got to do the baptizing! He was thrilled. We got to talk to him for about 1 1/2 hours. He was the chattiest he's ever been, and it was so fun listening to him. What a great Mother's Day gift to be able to talk to him. Okay, I know he was calling for Mom, but I'm glad we got to cash in on the convo too.
Papa and Makee playing a little "Gassetball"
High-5
Slam dunk
What a Cheeser
WyWy
For Mother's Day my Uncle Mark and cousin Aaron dropped these off on the doorstep with a forged note from Jared. They almost pulled it off, but Moomers saw A's little black head tear down the street. But what thoughtful boys!
Opening gifts! Moomers mostly got clothes. Kind of boring, but at least Makee makes opening them exciting
Bai
Ry
Makee and Mr. Bear
Ama and Mak
My mom is the greatest. She is so outgoing and so much fun to be around. All three of my kids fight for her attention all the time. It's because she makes sure to spend so much time with each of them. Every day after work she comes over to play with the kids and to help me. And Tuesdays, her only day off, she spends hanging out with us. So she never gets anything done. My three favorite things to do with Moomers are talk on the phone, go shopping, and watch her play with my kids. I love her so much. I'm so thankful for everything she does for me and everything she has taught me.
Dan took some shots of me and the kids. The babies were obsessed with Makee during the shoot. What can I say about being a mom? I think about the last few years of my life and how drastically they have changed. At one point I wondered if I would ever be able to be a mom, and now I have more kids than I can handle! I feel so blessed to be a mom to my precious kids. Their hilarious little personalities make me laugh every single day. I feel like my life is such a whirlwind, and that it is all passing by too quickly. I admit most days are tough, but just when I think I can't do it another day, Makee gives me a huge kiss, Rylin gives me a snuggle, or Bailee laughs, and I am reminded of how lucky I am to have them in my life. And I'm so grateful to have Daniel by my side to raise our sweet babies. I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest Mommy in the universe!

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for making me cry! You are one of the luckiest people I have ever known to have three such beautiful, healthy, wonderful babies. They are also lucky to have you. I dont know too many people who could handle things the way you do. You do a great job! Thanks for posting all these mothers day pictures. They are bittersweet for me to look at, because I get sad that I am not there but I am so glad I get to see what you guys are up to. I didn't know about the flowers from Mark and A, they are the best! I love you all!